- This first one is stolen from Tina. I need to stop thinking that I MUST follow the textbook in order. I have to plan out the year in an order that makes sense for the standards I need to cover and the specific needs of my classes.
- I also need to stop focusing on test results as the primary indicator of student learning. I want to use more performance assessment tools.
- I want to continue to find new ideas that will get kids excited about math and lead to better understanding and application of the skills. This summer, I have discovered a small portion of what is available. I want to keep learning!
- Last year I started using some projects to cover multiple standards and let kids see how those math "skills" they are learning are really used in life. I want to continue to find/create more of these to use this year!
- As I mentioned in my first post, I want to start using interactive notebooks and foldables with my classes this year! I am REALLY excited about this and can't wait to start!
- I also want to use this blog to reflect on my progress (both good and bad) this year. I also want to use it to share ideas and to connect with other teachers!